With over 500 employees in two state-of-the-art locations, WellDyneRx is experiencing tremendous growth in the pharmacy and health care industries. WellDyneRx has a wide range of expertise, from full pharmacy benefit management services and innovative health and wellness programs, to specialty and mail order pharmacies.
Our people are our greatest asset, and it is their commitment to providing remarkable customer support and innovative health care solutions that has driven WellDyneRx’s success. WellDyneRx is focused on developing our employees, understanding that our future success depends on the talent we hire today.
Our people are passionate about the work they deliver. And, in return, WellDyneRx is passionate about investing in them. Our culture supports creativity and innovation and rewards excellence.
WellDyneRx is the perfect place for people with an entrepreneurial spirit who are fulfilled by delivering consistent, quality results and service to both internal and external customers. Come be a part of this exciting time in WellDyneRx’s over 20-year history and find a career you can grow with. Join Our Team
The Senior Staff Accountant is responsible for booking daily transaction activity, bank reconciliations, analysis of accounts receivable and other ledger accounts, preparing audit schedules, coordinating and performing month end closing policies and procedures, and financial statement preparation. This position will assist the Senior Accounting Manager as needed using GAAP principles of accounting to ensure compliance and accuracy of all financial activities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares daily and monthly bank reconciliations for multiple bank accounts
- Responsible for specialty billing segment activities
- Prepares tax forms such as quarterly fee reports, sales tax returns, and use tax returns
- Ensures completion of month-end duties including:
- Assists in the reconciliation of various Balance sheet accounts and perform research as necessary
- Fulfill monthly close-related tasks, including close (e.g., journal entries, reconciliations, and analytics)
- Responsible for prepaid amortization and tracking, maintenance of insurance schedules, and monthly accruals
- Prepares monthly Departmental reports and Management reporting package which includes analysis on account variances both M-T-M & Budget-to-Actual
- Researches and provides conclusion on accounting issues
- Assists in month-end closing and financial review
- Assists with physical inventory count as needed
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet and income statement analysis including documentation of variance explanations
- Assists with internal and external audits.
- Develop, maintain and improve processes to drive efficient work and ensure integrity of the financial statements
- Other duties as assigned
- Be an active and supporting team member of the accounting department providing excellent internal and external customer service
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting REQUIRED.
5+ years’ experience within a corporate accounting department.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 2-3 years Microsoft Dynamics recent experience preferred
- Ability to communicate with all levels of people in a manner that illustrates superior professionalism.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for dealing with clients, peers, other departments, and senior management.
- Excellent written communication and documentation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects to successful conclusion.
- Analytical ability to research and deal with a variety of situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to use logical methods to address problems and develop effective solutions.
- Ability to identify developing problems and take immediate corrective actions as needed.
- Must have advanced attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to organize information in a clear and concise manner.
- Must have expert level knowledge of all desktop computer applications such as MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Reader.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in a variety of situations.
- Ability to multitask and possess excellent time management skills.
- Must be able to independently as well as support and contribute to team goals.
Work Environment / Physical Demands
This position is in a typical office environment that requires prolonged sitting in front of a computer. This position requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office equipment including operation of standard phone, fax machine, and copier.