With over 500 employees in two state-of-the-art locations, WellDyneRx is experiencing tremendous growth in the pharmacy and health care industries. WellDyneRx has a wide range of expertise, from full pharmacy benefit management services and innovative health and wellness programs, to specialty and mail order pharmacies.
Our people are our greatest asset, and it is their commitment to providing remarkable customer support and innovative health care solutions that has driven WellDyneRx’s success. WellDyneRx is focused on developing our employees, understanding that our future success depends on the talent we hire today.
Our people are passionate about the work they deliver. And, in return, WellDyneRx is passionate about investing in them. Our culture supports creativity and innovation and rewards excellence.
WellDyneRx is the perfect place for people with an entrepreneurial spirit who are fulfilled by delivering consistent, quality results and service to both internal and external customers. Come be a part of this exciting time in WellDyneRx’s over 20-year history and find a career you can grow with. Join Our Team
The Director of Information Technology Security is responsible for the development and implementation of an organization-wide information security program and ongoing activities to preserve the availability, integrity and confidentiality of company information resources in compliance with applicable security policies and standards. This position consults and partners with internal technical services and others to enforce and verify compliance of information security standards. The Director of Information Technology Security is a member of the information technology department and reports directly to the Chief Information Officer (CIO).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads the development, documentation and maintenance of information security policies, procedures, and standards.
- Initiates, facilitates, and promotes activities to create information security awareness throughout the organization.
- Monitors and routinely audits compliance of all information security procedures and policies, and ensures consistency of internal controls.
- Leads the creation and maintenance of the information systems disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
- Monitors changes in local, state, and federal regulations and accreditation standards affecting information security, and makes recommendations to the CIO and other company leaders on the need for policy changes.
- Provides oversight and ownership for intrusion detection and response.
- Creates and maintains all information system and software security certificate activities, which includes oversight of PCI compliance.
- Assists in system and software architecture and design to ensure that company assets are appropriately secure at all times.
- Independently performs risk assessments and works closely with the internal QA Manager and other 3rd party auditors to preempt, mitigate, and swiftly respond to any audit findings that require action.
- Partners with senior management to ensure that the information technology department is adequately skilled and engaged in company emergency plans as appropriate.
- Creates and facilitates a company information security steering committee to help guide strategic information security needs.
- Monitors the internal control systems to ensure that appropriate access levels are maintained.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years of information security manager experience which includes personnel management and budgeting experience preferred.
- At least 3 years of project management experience required.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or other equivalent certifications preferred.
- Bachelor Degree preferred.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry would be a plus, but is not essential.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders required.
- Must demonstrate strong analytical, reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Ability to set priorities and adapt to changes in a quick, professional manner.
- Ability to use discretion when handling confidential information.
- Ability to carry a mobile device and provide off hours support as required.
- Advanced knowledge of information security principles and practices, including: security risk assessment standards, risk assessment methodologies, and vulnerability assessment.
- Must have demonstrated experience implementing security initiatives that require partnership with other IT areas and business units.
Work Environment / Physical Demands
This position is in a typical office environment which requires prolonged sitting in front of a computer. Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office equipment including operation of standard computer and phone equipment. May have occasional high stress when dealing with customers/clients.