With over 500 employees in two state-of-the-art locations, WellDyneRx is experiencing tremendous growth in the pharmacy and health care industries. WellDyneRx has a wide range of expertise, from full pharmacy benefit management services and innovative health and wellness programs, to specialty and mail order pharmacies.
Our people are our greatest asset, and it is their commitment to providing remarkable customer support and innovative health care solutions that has driven WellDyneRx’s success. WellDyneRx is focused on developing our employees, understanding that our future success depends on the talent we hire today.
Our people are passionate about the work they deliver. And, in return, WellDyneRx is passionate about investing in them. Our culture supports creativity and innovation and rewards excellence.
WellDyneRx is the perfect place for people with an entrepreneurial spirit who are fulfilled by delivering consistent, quality results and service to both internal and external customers. Come be a part of this exciting time in WellDyneRx’s over 20-year history and find a career you can grow with. Join Our Team
The Director, Software Development ensures that the team is developing solutions that are stable, maintainable, and scalable while driving organizational effectiveness and accountability. The director is responsible for the assignment and management of development resources as needed to support the WellDyneRX businesses. This individual identifies and recommends technical solutions to business problems using current methods and tools. The Director establishes software engineering practices and procedures; including governance and monitoring of engineering outcomes. This individual maintains excellent communication within the IT department and across the organization to ensure success for all projects. The Director is responsible for leading in a mature and organization-focused manner. This individual has expert experience in software engineering practices, processing, tools, and design, and is able to lead the team members to help them achieve individual expectations and deliverables. This individual also serves as a key liaison with the rest of the IT groups and business while facilitating planning, prioritization and collaboration between groups. The Director operates independently while under the general direction of the VP of IT Solutions when planning, implementing policies and setting personal and subordinate priorities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Improves processes and methodologies based on department goals
• Provides high-level expertise in all aspects of WellDyneRx systems, from project scope definition through requirements analysis, functional and technical design.
• Establishes standards for quality, availability, scalability, and maintainability
• Governs design and development to ensure compliance with standards
• Maintains up-to-date architecture documentation as the environment evolves.
• Provides guidance on business process design as related to system considerations
• Develops and mentors leaders within the development team
• Assigns development resources to projects/teams to effectively create/maintain system software
• Identifies and develops staff to meet business needs as the company expands
• Creates a team development process with clear expectations for software development improvements over time; establishing key metrics
• Establishes development expectations for the staff
• Fully embraces evolving methodologies such Agile 2
• Provides oversight of technical reviews including design and architecture acceptance
• Mentors team members on aspects of architecture and design.
• Manages and evaluates the design, development and coordination of development group projects; coordinating assignments with the PMO as needed
• Works collaboratively with other IT groups to coordinate efforts to meet department goals
• Develops operational objectives and activities based on department goals
• Helps develop and communicate standards, policies and best practices
• Assists the VP of Solutions in preparing and monitoring departmental goals
• Ensures that development projects are proceeding according to timelines, meeting targets and expectations, and adhering to established operating parameters; negotiates changes in project resources as necessary to achieve objectives and timelines
• Initiates and implements new methodologies, process and procedures that will support Company long and short term goals
• Evaluates the design, coordination and implementation of development focused projects
• Participates in committees and task forces, as needed, designed to improve the implementation of projects
• Supervises, hires, evaluates and terminates assigned staff as required. Works with employees to correct deficiencies; recommends and implements corrective action and discipline
• Available during non-business hours to resolve system issues as needed
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
• 10+ years software development experience with 7+ years focused on team management
• 5+ years progressive experience managing concurrent projects
• Experience in managing developers to deliver technical projects successfully using best practices and methodologies
• Able to apply the best technology to meet business needs (C#, Java, Web Services, ETL Frameworks, etc.).
• Broad experience in development of systems to meet requirements
• Strong problem solving, analytical skills that can provide timely solutions to business problems
• Flourishes working in a fast paced environment with competing priorities
• Excellent time management skills
• Proven communication skills; both written and oral with technical and non-technical staff, all levels of management
• Relates well to all levels of the user community and acts as a team player through motivating and educating other team members
• Builds interpersonal relationships and displays management and leadership skills
Work Environment / Physical Demands
This position is in a typical office environment which requires prolonged sitting in front of a computer. Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office equipment including operation of standard computer and phone equipment. May have occasional high stress when dealing with customers/clients.