With over 500 employees in two state-of-the-art locations, WellDyneRx is experiencing tremendous growth in the pharmacy and health care industries. WellDyneRx has a wide range of expertise, from full pharmacy benefit management services and innovative health and wellness programs, to specialty and mail order pharmacies.
Our people are our greatest asset, and it is their commitment to providing remarkable customer support and innovative health care solutions that has driven WellDyneRx’s success. WellDyneRx is focused on developing our employees, understanding that our future success depends on the talent we hire today.
Our people are passionate about the work they deliver. And, in return, WellDyneRx is passionate about investing in them. Our culture supports creativity and innovation and rewards excellence.
WellDyneRx is the perfect place for people with an entrepreneurial spirit who are fulfilled by delivering consistent, quality results and service to both internal and external customers. Come be a part of this exciting time in WellDyneRx’s over 20-year history and find a career you can grow with. Join Our Team
The Senior Account Executive will work within an account team structure to provide the expertise in plan consultations, recommendations and implementation of products, programs, and services such as benefit design, provisions of pharmacy benefit information, on-line system edits and restrictions, and recommendations regarding client pharmacy benefit utilization. Responsibilities include monitoring performance trends that optimizes the quality and cost-effectiveness of drug benefit program for health plan clients and their members; selling/introducing clients to new product and/or service offerings; providing financial analysis, tools and assistance to clients to identify and quantify environmental changes and their impact on the pharmaceutical costs drivers for clients; modeling and recommending financially sound, value-added services to reduce the drug spend impact on the client; and through retrospective analysis, and market forecasting, will monitor recommendations and adjust recommendations, as appropriate to achieve lower net cost, better health outcomes, and higher levels of satisfaction for health plan sponsors and their members. The Senior Account Executive is responsible for organizing and leading client business planning meetings, quarterly and executive pharmacy briefings, client meetings and internal team strategy planning.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
OVERALL CLIENT MANAGEMENT
- Identify and establish a professional relationship with customer’s key decision-makers.
- Establish and maintain client relationships at the appropriate levels, including medical and pharmacy directors, CEO’s, benefit managers and consultants.
- Responsible for leading projects end-to-end to ensure business process activities are completed accurately and efficiently.
- Assists in the monitoring and reporting of performance guarantees.
- Establishes and maintains standard checklists to ensure quality and timeliness of repetitive and ongoing deliverables for the client including encounter data files, utilization reports, and issue logs. Determines timeframes, deadlines and successive steps required for taking client development requests to operations. Ensures projects are rationally sound, editorially, and systems accurate, and can be operationalized.
- Identifies, documents, analyzes, and monitors key decisions, risk areas, and issues related to business operations and ongoing implementations and develops an action plan to mitigate risks that could impact the success of the project. Provides project performance feedback to appropriate internal staff.
- Understands business requirements of the customers and translates them to specific system requirements. Interprets a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral forms, seek clarification as needed, and build consensus as required.
- Maintains consistent and regular client communication. Takes lead on preparing regular quarterly and annual client reviews, including identification of cost drivers, recommendations for cost savings opportunities, utilization reports, drug updates, and key performance indicators. Conducts regular on-site or telephonic client meetings to proactively review client benefits, drug utilization and trend management strategies.
- Responsible for serving as the lead on investigating non-standard requests and problems, makes presentations to management on project updates, project cycle and expected results. Also, ensure project documentation is accurate and projects are completed on time and within scope. Pertinent data and facts willbe reviewed to identify and solve issues and mitigate risks, prioritize work load and work on ad hoc projects as assigned.
- Manages assigned accounts with a focus on client trend management, strategic plan development and execution, cultivating multi-level client relationships and identifies expansion opportunities, and incorporates into strategic plan for client management. Manages and or assists in client contract renewal activities
- Continually educates plans on current topics in the industry, new product developments, and the competitive landscape. Provides collateral materials and support when necessary to help facilitate client relationship.
- Ensures quick response and follow-up to client inquiries, including returning phone calls and emails within two hours and attempted resolution of all issues in less than 48 hours. Follows-up with client within 24 hours after issue resolution.
- Communicates client needs and process/product development opportunities to the Director.
- Provides implementation support, measurement standards, and revisions as needed that incorporate applicable best practices with proven outcomes.
- Develops and implements a client plan that meets the goals and objectives of the client and is in alignment with corporate business strategy.
- Acts as primary contact/liaison between internal business, technology and operations development teams for assigned clients. Maintains an understanding of all WELLDYNE operational areas and the interfaces with internal departments to define business rules as they apply to processes and procedures, document business requirements and develop work-flow diagrams, functional hierarchies, process models, contracting and fee schedules, and ensure business requirements are properly translated into customer deliverables.
- Provides expertise and support for Request for Proposal and other client operation processes.
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university in an applicable field of study or least six years of experience in a pharmacy, health care or related medical setting or other equivalent knowledge background.
- Must have good negotiation skills, well-developed facilitation and collaboration skills.
- Knowledge of the PBM industry, medical terminology, pharmacy claims and managed care principles and practices is desired.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn and convey regulatory or technical information at the level of the client, member, or healthcare professional.
- Ability to understand the importance of and maintain the confidentiality of all patient information.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Demonstrate pride in and commitment to the profession through appearance and professional conduct.
- Ability to use public speaking skills to speak effectively in large and small group situations.
- Ability to use problem solving skills, including identifying and accepting a challenging situation and creating and implementing a solution.
- Maintains an awareness of developments in the community and pharmaceutical fields that relate to job responsibilities and integrate them into practice.
- Reviews and responds to client and member concerns as well as concerns of other departmental staff as they relate to specified accounts.
- Actively participates in management team meetings by providing status reports, and working to ensure tasks and business requirements are appropriately logged, tracked and on-target to meet client and company business objectives.
- Effectively communicates with all levels of departmental staff, as well as members, clients, and healthcare professionals. Encourages the use of multiple communication mechanisms to ensure effective communication among members, clients, and healthcare providers.
- Interacts with other team members to identify and share best practices, issues encountered, and general subject matter content related to job functions.
- Ensures a cooperative environment through participative communication skills, teamwork, and professional behavior of ethics.
- Takes appropriate actions, assess each situation, and follows through with the utmost attention to accurate communication.
- Maintains an expert knowledge on claims processing and operations processes relating to regulatory provisions as they relate to this position.
- Identifies and develops solutions to maximize department processes and procedures.
- May require additional coverage times outside of regularly scheduled hours.
Work Environment / Physical Demands
This position is in a typical office environment which requires prolonged sitting in front of a computer.
Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office equipment including operation of standard phone equipment.
May have occasional high stress and long hours when deadlines are approaching.
Requires ability to travel 40% - 60%.