Every Little Thing Brings BIG OUTCOMES.
For more than 25 years, WellDyneRx has been making every little thing matter by delivering pharmacy benefit management services. From designing custom clinical and disease management programs to operating our own mail order and specialty pharmacies, we’ve been dedicated to driving improved health care outcomes for our partners. We offer a wide range of expertise to cover a wide range of clients in the pharmacy and health care industries, including managed care organizations, Medicare and government health plans, third party administrators, unions, and self-insured employers, including state and local governments.
Now with more than 400 employees in two state-of-the-art locations in Lakeland, FL, and Centennial, CO, WellDyneRx continues to experience tremendous growth. Why? Because of the quality of our people. Regardless of their role, they know they are all the LINK that has driven WellDyneRx’s success. Knowing our people are our greatest asset and the sum of the whole is greater than its individual parts, it’s clear that our future success depends on the talent we hire today.
The WellDyneRx culture is grounded in its core values that include:
Client and Member Focus – Our customers are the reason that we are here. We work to provide access to pharmaceuticals for our members with a high-touch service mindset, while minimizing drug costs for our clients. We are in the business of service.
Accountability – We take responsibility for our own actions and decisions; we meet our commitments.
Communication – We will work as a team, and will establish effective, open communication channels among all relevant parties. No silos. We will ensure effective communication of mission and goals.
Candor – We provide straightforward answers and feedback, even if the news is bad. We pride ourselves on our honesty and our integrity.
Entrepreneurial Spirit – We operate with a “can-do” attitude. We roll up our sleeves and get the job done. We seek to change the organization for the better.
Compliance: Ensure the company complies with laws, regulations, agreements and accreditations that allow the business to operate successfully and meet the needs of our customers.
Are you driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and fulfilled by delivering consistent, quality results and service to both internal and external customers? Then come join our team. You can be the next link in the chain that helps make WellDyneRx successful.
The Account Executive will work within an account team structure to provide the expertise in plan consultations, recommendations and implementation of products, programs, and services such as benefit design, provisions of pharmacy benefit information, on-line system edits and restrictions, and recommendations regarding client pharmacy benefit utilization. Responsibilities include monitoring performance trends that optimizes the quality and cost-effectiveness of drug benefit program for health plan clients and their members; selling/introducing clients to new product and/or service offerings; providing financial analysis, tools and assistance to clients to identify and quantify environmental changes and their impact on the pharmaceutical costs drivers for clients; modeling and recommending financially sound, value-added services to reduce the drug spend impact on the client; and through retrospective analysis, and market forecasting, will monitor recommendations and adjust recommendations, as appropriate to achieve lower net cost, better health outcomes, and higher levels of satisfaction for health plan sponsors and their members. The Account Executive is responsible for organizing and leading client business planning meetings, quarterly and executive pharmacy briefings, client meetings and internal team strategy planning.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify and establish a professional relationship with customer’s key decision-makers. Establish and maintain client relationships at the appropriate levels, including medical and pharmacy directors, CEO’s, benefit managers and consultants.
- Assists in the monitoring and reporting of performance guarantees.
- Establishes and maintains standard checklists to ensure quality and timeliness of repetitive and ongoing deliverables for the client including encounter data files, utilization reports, and issue logs. Determines timeframes, deadlines and successive steps required for taking client development requests to operations. Ensures projects are rationally sound, editorially, and systems accurate, and can be operationalized.
- Identifies documents, analyzes, and monitors key decisions, risk areas, and issues related to business operations and ongoing implementations and develops an action plan to mitigate risks that could impact the success of the project. Provides project performance feedback to appropriate internal staff.
- Understands business requirements of the customers and translates them to specific system requirements. Interprets a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral forms, seek clarification as needed, and build consensus as required.
- Maintains consistent and regular client communication. Takes lead on preparing regular quarterly and annual client reviews, including identification of cost drivers, recommendations for cost savings opportunities, utilization reports, drug updates, and key performance indicators. Conducts regular on-site or telephonic client meetings to proactively review client benefits, drug utilization and trend management strategies.
- Responsible for serving as the lead on investigating non-standard requests and problems, makes presentations to management on project updates, project cycle and expected results. Also, ensure project documentation is accurate and projects completed on time and within scope. Pertinent data and facts reviewed to identify and solve issues and mitigate risks, prioritize workload and work on ad hoc projects as assigned.
- Manages assigned accounts with a focus on client trend management, strategic plan development and execution, cultivating multi-level client relationships and identifies expansion opportunities, and incorporates into strategic plan for client management. Manages and or assists in client contract renewal activities
- Continually educates plans on current topics in the industry, new product developments, and the competitive landscape. Provides collateral materials and support when necessary to help facilitate client relationship.
- Ensures quick response and follow-up to client inquiries, including returning phone calls and emails within two hours and resolution attempts of all issues in less than 48 hours. Follows-up with client within 24 hours after issue resolution.
- Communicates client needs and process/product development opportunities to the Regional VP.
- Provides implementation support, measurement standards, and revisions, as needed that incorporate applicable best practices with proven outcomes.
- Develops and implements a client plan that meets the goals and objectives of the client and is in alignment with corporate business strategy.
- Acts as primary contact/liaison between internal business, technology and operations development teams for assigned clients. Maintains an understanding of all WelldyneRx operational areas and the interfaces with internal departments to define business rules as they apply to processes and procedures, document business requirements and develop work-flow diagrams, functional hierarchies, process models, contracting and fee schedules, and ensure business requirements are properly translated into customer deliverables.
- Provides expertise and support for Request for Proposal and other client operation processes.
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university in an applicable field of study or least three years of experience in a pharmacy, health care or related medical setting or other equivalent knowledge background.
- Must have good negotiation skills, well-developed facilitation and collaboration skills. Knowledge of the PBM industry, underwriting process, pricing, medical terminology, pharmacy claims and managed care principles and practices desired.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn and convey regulatory or technical information at the level of the client, member, or healthcare professional.
- Ability to understand the importance of and maintain the confidentiality of all patient information.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Demonstrate pride in and commitment to the profession through appearance and professional conduct.
- Ability to use public speaking skills to speak effectively in large and small group situations.
- Ability to use problem solving skills, including identifying and accepting a challenging situation and creating and implementing a solution.
- Maintains an awareness of developments in the community and pharmaceutical fields that relate to job responsibilities and integrate them into practice.
- Reviews and responds to client and member concerns as well as concerns of other departmental staff as they relate to specified accounts.
- Actively participates in management team meetings by providing status reports, and working to ensure tasks and business requirements are appropriately logged, tracked and on-target to meet client and company business objectives.
- Effectively communicates with all levels of departmental staff, as well as members, clients, and healthcare professionals. Encourages the use of multiple communication mechanisms to ensure effective communication among members, clients, and healthcare providers.
- Interacts with other team members to identify and share best practices, issues encountered, and general subject matter content related to job functions.
- Ensures a cooperative environment through participative communication skills, teamwork, and professional behavior of ethics.
- Takes appropriate actions, assess each situation, and follows through with the utmost attention to accurate communication.
- Maintains an expert knowledge on claims processing and operations processes relating to regulatory provisions as they relate to this position.
- Identifies and develops solutions to maximize department processes and procedures.
- May require additional coverage times outside of regularly scheduled hours.
Work Environment / Physical Demands
This position is in a typical office environment, which requires prolonged sitting in front of a computer.
Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office equipment including operation of standard phone equipment.
May have occasional high stress and long hours when deadlines are approaching.
Requires ability to travel 40% - 60%.